Random Fandom...

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

A random post filled with random thoughts...

❖

A 50% off promotional code is currently available for use at Kobobooks.com. The code is SAV50. I was able to purchase Robert McCammon's Speaks the Nightbird at a really great price. (Char, I'll be moving that up my TBR!)

❖

I was happy to discover that The Outsider by Penelope Williamson is being re-released in print and eBook format by Simon and Schuster on June 24th. I had seen this book mentioned on various romance forums and in romance discussion groups, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't available when I searched for it at retailers. I think it was out of print at the time, which was back in 2012. So, unfortunately, it lingered on my TBR for the last two years.

The Outsider is a historical western romance featuring an Amish woman and a non-Amish man who happens to stumble into their community.

It seems to have gotten mixed reviews, with a few readers unhappy with some aspects of the ending (though there is an HEA), but the premise intrigues me enough that I'm looking forward to finally having the opportunity to read it.

Here is the blurb in case any of my fellow BL romance readers are interested in this type of romance:

"After Rachel Yoder's husband is murdered by outlaws in an act of outrageous greed, she must raise her 10-year-old son alone on the Montana Plains. One day, a handsome stranger dying from a gunshot wound walks into her ranch. With simple kindness, she treats his injury and nurses him back to health. Soon Rachel finds herself drawn to this mysterious outsider with a violent past--and must put her future on the line for a last chance at happiness."

❖

I'm very excited about the upcoming release of Anthony Ryan's Tower Lord. This is Book 2 of the Raven's Shadows series, and I have been anxiously awaiting it since I finished Book 1, Blood Song, back in March 2013. I guess one year isn't exactly that long of a wait considering I've been waiting 3 years (and counting!) for Book 6 of the A Song of Ice and Fire series. GRRM, you're freaking killing me!

So yeah, very happy the Tower Lord will be available in a few weeks. The release date is July 1st, to be exact.

❖

And in conclusion to this random post of random thoughts, has anyone seen the trailer for the new planet of the apes film, Dawn of the Plant of the Apes? I happened to catch it a few weeks ago when I went to see X-Men. It looks pretty good (note: due to a BL quirk the video cannot be seen on the Dashboard. You'll have to go to my Blog page in order to view the trailer):

Video Here